To date, it has been a rather busy offseason for the Toronto Maple Leafs, with a number of free agent signings, roster re-signings, a few trades and even some coaching changes.
The following is a chronological listing of Maple Leafs‘ transactions during the 2009 offseason.
Note: this list will continue to be updated with any further transactions made prior to the start of the 2009-10 regular season.
2009 Offseason Transaction List – Toronto Maple Leafs
June 10, 2009
- Hire Francois Allaire as Goaltending Consultant.
June 26, 2009
- Draft F Nazem Kadri in 1st round (7)
June 27, 2009
- Draft F Kenny Ryan in 2nd round (50)
- Draft D Jesse Blacker in 2nd round (58)
- Draft F Jamie Devane in 3rd round (68)
- Draft D Eric Knodel in 5th round (128)
- Draft F Jerry D’Amigo in 6th round (158)
- Draft D Barron Smith in 7th round (188)
July 1, 2009
- Sign F Colton Orr to a 4 year, $4 million contract.
- Sign D Mike Komisarek to a 5 year, $22.5 million contract.
- Trade D Pavel Kubina and rights to F Tim Stapleton for D Garnet Exelby and F Colin Stuart.
July 2, 2009
- Re-sign F Mikhail Grabovski to a 3 year, $8.7 million contract.
- Sign F Mikail Stefanovich to a 3 year Entry Level contract.
- Sign D Carl Gunnarsson to a 3 year Entry Level contract.
- Sign D Juraj Mikus to a 3 year Entry Level contract.
July 6, 2009
- Sign D Francois Beauchemin to a 3 year, $11.4 million contract.
- Sign F Nazem Kadri to a 3 year Entry Level contract.
- Sign F Richard Greenop to a 3 year Entry Level contract.
- Sign F Tim Brent to a 1 year, $525,000 contract.
- Sign D Jay Rosehill to a 2 year, $1.025 million contract.
- Re-sign F Ryan Hamilton to a 1 year, $500,000 contract.
- Re-sign F Ben Ondrus to a 1 year, $550,000 contract.
July 7, 2009
- Sign G Jonas Gustavsson to a 1 year, $810,000 contract.
July 10, 2009
- Sign F Rickard Wallin to a 1 year, $800,000 contract.
July 21, 2009
- Re-sign F Andre Deveaux to a 1 year, $500,000 contract.
July 22, 2009
- Re-sign F Darryl Boyce to a 2 year, $1.05 million contract.
- Re-sign F Alex Foster to a 2 year, $1.05 million contract.
July 23, 2009
- Hire Dave Poulin as Vice-President of Hockey Operations.
July 27, 2009
- Trade D Anton Stralman, F Colin Stuart, and a 7th round pick in 2012 to Calgary for F Wayne Primeau and a 2nd round pick in 2011.
August 4, 2009
- Hire Dallas Eakins as Head Coach of the AHL Toronto Marlies.
- Hire Derek King as Assistant Coach of the AHL Toronto Marlies.
August 10, 2009
- Trade G Justin Pogge to Anaheim for a conditional draft pick in 2011
(6th round – 3rd round subject to the number of NHL games played during the 2009-10 and 2010-11 seasons).
- Sign G Joey MacDonald to a 1 year, $650,000 contract.
- Hire Gord Dineen as Assistant Coach of the AHL Toronto Marlies.