Ilya Bryzgalov and the Phoenix Coyotes roll into the ACC tonight looking to break Toronto’s winning streak.Â Expect this to be a tight-checking, low-scoring affair.Â Then again, we all know how the Leafs rarely do what is expected.
*EDIT: Tough loss, but updated standings for GFWE are now included in this post!*
Make sure you read the introductory post for this contestÂ here. Â It has everything you need to know about how the contest works and what you need to do to play. Â TheÂ three winners will get to attend the January 14th Leafs game with Ed Flannery, a MLHS veteran with some spare tickets (great seats too!) and the desire to show the ACC how to root for their team.
Get Fâ€™ed with Ed is a month-long contest. Â Youâ€™ll be making 3 predictions before every Leafs game, and be awarded a certain amount of points, as follows:
1. The Winning Team (1 point) â€“ Which team will win the game? (donâ€™t worry, you arenâ€™t obliged to pick the Leafs)
2. The Final Score (2 points) â€“ Predict the final game score! Â WHEN (in OT, SO, or regulation) the game is won is NOT required.
3. The First Goal Scorer (2 points) â€“ Who is going to score the first goal of the game? (your selection can obviously be from either team)
All eligible participantsâ€™ scores will be tallied, updated, and displayed as ongoing standings.
Today is the fifth of theÂ seventeen games that will be counted for Get F’ed with Ed. Submissions willÂ only be accepted on this thread, and will be accepted untilÂ one minute before game time as indicated by your time of posting. Â Remember, you may only post one prediction per game. Â Should you post additional predictions at any point throughout the thread before that nightâ€™s deadline, only the last post will be accepted.
Standings & More (after 5 GFWE games)
- Zoonpolitikon, leafsFTW, Carltonthebear, mapleaf31 (8 points)
- JasonTrent, frito10 (7 points)
- modernhipster, Scooter (6 points)
-With many people sitting at 5, 4, 3 and even 2 points, this contest is still very much up for grabs!
-A stunning 96% of contestants picked the Leafs to win Monday against the Sens. Â Hopefully some of you played a little Proline.
-Sadly, the 82% of you that chose Toronto to pick up another victory tonight were mistaken.
-Look here late on Thursday or early Friday for the next contest thread.