Brodeur Inspired; NHL Shutouts 2009-10
The Pittsburgh Penguins are one of three teams without a shutout this season. They have been shutout four times, allowing 15 goals. They’ve scored 98 goals in wins and a paltry 12 in losses. Of the 44 goals they’ve allowed in losses, 15 come by way of shutouts.
The latest takes on it’s infamy as the record-breaking shutout by a most deserving, Martin Brodeur.
The New Jersey Devils are one of five teams that have not been shutout this season. Brodeur’s three shutouts for the Devils this season set up and then smashed the all time shutout record.
In honour of the new shutout record at 104 – and counting – the following are the to-date shutouts and numbers in the NHL in 2009-10.
- There have been 64 shutouts in 541 games thus far, 11.83%.
- Chicago leads with 6 shutouts
- Boston, Buffalo, Colorado, Phoenix rank second with 4 shutouts each
- Carolina, Pittsburgh, LA are the only teams that haven’t recorded a shutout this season
- Atlanta, Calgary, New Jersey, Columbus, NY Rangers have yet to be shut out this season.
- Nashville (5) has been shutout the most times this season
- Boston, Buffalo, Detroit, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Pittsburgh rank second with four (4)
- Dallas, Ottawa, Toronto, Washington, Minnesota, San Jose, Los Angeles have been shutout once.
|#Shutouts||Goals Scored||#Times SHO||Goals Against|