Preview: Maple Leafs vs Predators
The Maple Leafs make a rare visit to Nashville tonight to face the Predators. The consistently inconsistent Leafs will look to bounce back from Friday’s 6-1 drubbing from the Capitals.
Just a quick preview for tonight’s game:
- Jonas Gustavsson will start tonight for the Maple Leafs. He’s 0-3-0 with a 4.36 GAA and and an .852 SV% in his last 3 starts. Gustavsson needs to pick up his play quickly as his future remains uncertain.
- Pekka Rinne goes for the Predators. Rinne shut out the Leafs in the only meeting last season.
- The Maple Leafs have lost 7 of their last 9, getting outscored 31-17 in the process. Also, the Leafs have been outscored 8-2 in the first period in their last 6 games.
- The Leafs have lost 5 straight road games and have a 54.3 penalty-kill percentage in their last 10 road games.
- The Predators are returning home after a 3-game sweep of Western Canada. The Preds also expect Jason Arnott (upper body) back in their lineup after missing 4 games.
Other injury notes:
- Wayne Primeau (knee) could be back Tuesday against the Thrashers, or Thursday against the Lightning.
- Mike Komisarek (shoulder) is expected to return either Thursday in Tampa or Saturday against the Panthers.
Follow me on twitter: @SantosDan