New comment system: an easy guide to setting up your account
I’ve noticed lots of questions about the new comment system.Â Here’s an easy step-by-step to getting yourself set up.
1. Scroll to the bottom of a post, click Login just above the comments box.
2. At the bottom of the login popup, click the “Register a new profile” link.
3. Enter your email address (the same one you used for your old MLHS account). Also enter a username and password. Don’t worry if your old username was taken just yet … this is only necessary for login purposes.
4. Once registered, you will be sent a verification email. Go to your inbox, click the verification link, and you will find yourself at the Disqus page (Disqus manages the comments system).
5. At the top right, you will see your username. Hover over it, and select “Edit Profile” from the dropdown list. Here you can merge with your prior MLHS account (provided you used the same email address as before), set your Avatar, and tie in other services such as Twitter and Facebook.
(A) Unless you care about comment-spam in your Inbox, uncheck the options to enable email notifications in the “Notifications” tab.
(B) If your username was taken, you can set your name in the “Profile” tab.Â This will be used in place of your username in the comments. (e.g. the system wouldn’t allow “Phil Kessel” as a username due to the space, but will allow “PhilKessel”. Setting the name in the profile tab as “Phil Kessel” ensures it shows up with the space included in the comments.)
(C) You no longer need to use the site login to leave a comment. Now, you can do one of three things to leave a comment:
(i) ï»¿Hover over the Disqus icon at the top of the comments section, login option will appear;
(ii) Click the Login link above the comments box
(iii) Start typing a comment, click Post As button to login (Disqus option)
Hope this helps!