In the meantime, some offseason speculation and draft stuff to chew on in the links below.
- ICYMI: Petrielli’s 10 Playoff Lessons for the Maple Leafs
- TSN 1050: Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger with the latest scuttlebutt
- TSN 1290: James Mirtle joins Rick Ralph to discuss Buyout Candidates
- Hound Sports: Thorough breakdown of buyout candidates
- TSN: A table with all of the compliance buyouts used/unused
- OHL Prospects: Final Media/Scout Top 10 for the 2014 Draft
- Sportsnet: Aaron Ekblad an Easy No.1 for Florida
- ESPN Insider: Draft Strategy – Atlantic Division
- Denver Post: Avalanche elect for arbitration against O’Reilly. What does it mean?
- PPP: The First Ever Alberta Hockey Analytics Conference
- Mercury News: Sharks enter uncharted territory
- Breaking News: The latest update from Leafland
Tim Horton Talk
- I am hearing Dallas and Toronto are talking not the NHL teams, just the Mayors.
- Toronto has the 1st overall pick in trade that will send Gardiner to Florida all thats left is dotting the lower case j's. We heard there could be upwards of 9.
- Colorado is letting Stastny walk, when asked if Toronto was a possibility Stastny replied, maybe...
Just saw what Mckenzie was saying about Kadri, jesus I hope the Leafs aren't serious about trading him.
Would anyone be opposed to the idea of trading Lupul for the 11th pick and sign someone like Matt Moulson. If not, he might be a bit more expensive but get Vanek. I think this is good asset management.
"Toronto has the 1st overall pick in trade that will send Gardiner to Florida all thats left is dotting the lower case j's. We heard there could be upwards of 9."
Maybe its early,maybe I haven't had enough coffee...but what are the "9 lower case j's?"
@Tim Horton Super Dave and Shan-the-man will have other GM's quivering in their suits come Oct. Just you wait and see.
Unfortunately, the Leafs have an inside track on nothing except fan heartbreak. @Dewy Keon Hogturd
@Dewy Keon Hogturd Shit! My earlier ramblings might come true. Kane-Kadri-Lupul and The American line of JVR-Stastny-Kessel. Dion saga might be over so everyone can move on.
@Dewy Keon Hogturd I read in the Denver post yesterday Stastny has said he is willing to take a pay cut and the two sides are working their way through the technicalities.
@Dewy Keon Hogturd Where do these come from?
@wiski just dont let Buff drive the boat.
@wiski But what'll Andrew Ladd have for dinner?
Also, is Buff wearing a bruins hat?
@Xxxxxnew Read this when it was first published. Sutter's a great guy.
"Among all of the Los Angeles Kings players, staff, friends and family who were on the Staples Center ice celebrating a second championship in three seasons, there was Chris Sutter, the 21-year old son of head coach Darryl Sutter.
Chris was born with Down syndrome. Doctor’s told Darryl and his wife, Wanda, that their son might not live long after birth and if he did, he’d likely be deaf and blind.
He defeated those obstacles and Friday night he celebrated again with his “brother” Anze Kopitar and the Stanley Cup.
“Let’s do it again!” You've got to love the optimism. And the way the Kings are set up, there's a decent shot Chris will be celebrating again in the near future."
@rustynail I didn't know Drew Doughty wore glasses.
Watched Moulson throughout the playoffs closely
He was ineffective and looked disinterested
Used to live on Lake Erie and used to get visiting fishermen in a panic claiming they saw a shark/whatever. There used to be a lot of sturgeons around mouth of the Grand river but you woul't ever see them because they're bottom feeders. They can get up to 9 feet long and live 70-120 years.
He was away from the game for a while when Chris was a kid, after his time with the Blackhawks I think. The Sutter family sounds pretty tight.
@Xxxxxnew Thanks for clarifying that, I thought it was Bubbles from the Trailer Park Boys. lol
@Xxxxxnew That's his son? Now I feel bad.
I don't want him but it must have been weird going into playoffs with your third team of the season.
@Dewy Keon Hogturd Interesting. No surprise that the Leafs as supposedly in on a lot of stuff, hits/clicks wise, but then again last year did not go well (yet again). Always fun to read though.
Oh, it's no biggie. His son has Downe Syndrome. I think the joke was the naked Sutter. Sutter always spends time with parents of Down syndrome kids when he visits other cities during the season. He gets letters all the time and writes to all of them. He's a good role model.
@Xxxxxnew who? Moulson or Lupul?
@Xxxxxnew I saw that when I took a 2nd look, at first glance I thought it was the guy who plays Bubbles, wearing street clothes and regular glasses.
@Ze_theLeafsFan Moulson. Not Lupul...we didn't make the Playoffs, remember?
@Xxxxxnew ya know it would be less characters if you just tyed his name :)