Things That Make No Sense:
- A team that needs to improve at center moving a good 23-year-old center for a less productive 26-year-old center.
- Converting a promising young puck-moving defenceman with top-4 ability to the less desirable wing position where he’s never played a pro hockey game.
- Just about everything Darren Dreger says lately.
‘Tis the season. All that craziness and more in the links below.
- The Sun: GM Dave Nonis talks draft, Bolland, trades, moving Gardiner to forward
- NHL Trade Rumours: Nick Kypreos floats a Nazem Kadri for Patrick Berglund rumour
- Pierre Lebrun: Garth Snow is now looking to flip Dan Boyle’s rights having not reached a deal
- Joe Smith: Dan Boyle’s agent says he would welcome a return to Tampa Bay
- Andy Strickland: Brian Campbell wants out of Florida
- TSN1050: Insiders Bob McKenzie and Darren Dreger on TSN Drive
- Mirtle: Rebuild and San Jose Sharks don’t belong in the same sentence
- Globe Hockey Podcast: Mirtle, Duhatschek and Darren Yourk talk about the off-season ahead
- PPP: In the SB Nation Mock Draft, the Leafs draft Nikolaj Ehlers at #8
- ICYMI: Q&A with Brock Otten of OHL Prospects on the 2014 draft with a focus on the Leafs’ options
Was reading some of the top comments from the day. Man were there ever some dumb Kadri trade proposals. Kadri and Gleason for Richards and the Leafs 2nd, and then try and offer sheet O'Rielly?? Had a big grin as well when I saw that little tidbit that Kadri put up more points in his first 82 game season then Bozak and Bolland ever have.
“I would take the job in Toronto again,” Burke said. “I had no regrets about working here. I loved it.”
@Anthony Petrielli This again ;)
@Anthony Petrielli Please come back Burkie!
Off topic question: anybody know any guys who had upper eye lid surgery for droopy eyes and look great afterwards?
@FloorHockeyFlopper I think it's becoming common knowledge that plastic surgery is more negative than positive in the long run.
Just do the eye brow raise exercises Shanny shows in the pic above
Takes years off your mug and makes GM's on the bubble shat themselves
Was at PawnStars in Vegas a few ago...you wouldn't believe all the SuperBowl rings they had to hock
Cheapest started at @ 50 k
A few NHL ones too...much more reasonable at 10k plus
@wiski "World Champions" part kills me lol
@wiski GOOD FOR YOU MAN!!! just remember, abs are made in the kitchen, not the gym ;)
@wiski Is that gym the beer store? 24 oz curls
@wiski Good for you man! Should stop eating this pizza right now.
And you laugh at my Argos....
Don't feel bad..Alec added TFC, Dallas Cowboys, BJ's and the England FC Diving Club to his list earlier
@hometeem they are stupid if they don't shop that pick hard looking for immediate help to play with Tavares..... This team cannot afford to give Buffalo a lottery pick next year. I think they would be expecting a Kane type winger
Love the inspirational photo above. Beleaf they will make it alright on the ice. And oil will be $40 a barrel.
So reading the scouting reports from sportsnet on the mach draft.... Dal Colle in less than a paragraph and a half was compared to Jeff Carter, Ryan Getzlaf and Eric Staal and this is supposed to not have any franchise type players...... I have a feeling this draft might turn out to be one of the better all round drafts in a long time.
@T K O This draft is very deep just lacks franchise talent and an obvious #1 like we've seen a lot of over recent years. Its probably similar to the 2010 draft with Hall/ Seguin as top 2 forwards = Reinhart/Bennett. Dal Colle could compare to Johansen who is becoming a legit player who may just take some time adjusting to the NHL. Then a bunch of small guys that are more risk/reward a bit later like Ehlers /Fabbri who could compare with Skinner.
@2minutes You may be surprised what Dion could pull in with the market for a top 2D being hot and supply being low
@2minutes how do they look?
I'd do it. Another year in Leafland could crush any value he has left. I'm actually surprised at what people think he will bring in.
@2minutes we getting their first as well?
@2minutes Dion and Clarkson (we pay 25% of Clarkson) for Either Perron or Yak, swap 2014 1st round picks and the Oilers 2015 1st round pick. Might need the Oilers to add a D prospect. Would leave some cap room for Stastny.
Keep Kuli around to be his boy. I could see him turning it around, but we'd have to let him develop. Who knows? Maybe him and Nazzy find a spark and become dynamite for 10 years together.
Great, just what we need; another young guy who thinks he's better then he is and believes he is too skilled to have to work for a win
On draft day, 2001, Yashin was sent to the New York Islanders for defenseman Zdeno Chára, forward Bill Muckalt and the second overall draft selection, which the Senators used to draft highly touted centerman Jason Spezza.