Brendan Shanahan told reporters yesterday that the Leafs‘ next front office hire (perhaps a cap guy to fill Claude Loiselle’s position?) will be announced sometime next week.
In other Leafs news, pictured below is what the new Legends Row monument outside the ACC will look like once completed, courtesy of James Mirtle. Teeder Kennedy was the first name unveiled for the monument yesterday.
- Toronto Star: Ted’s son Mark Kennedy talks about how special the inclusion in the monument would be to his late father
- Canada.com: Brendan Shanahan says Leafs off-season work still ongoing. He’s also expected to meet with Phaneuf shortly.
- Puck Daddy: NHL about to wage a war against advanced stats sites? There’s new Terms of Service language on NHL.com.
(Note: It’s not clear if it’s directly related, precautionary, or just routine maintenance, but ExtraSkater.com went down last night).
- Justin Bourne: How a winger can best utilize his options when exiting the defensive zone
- 50 Mission Cap: Why Your Team Sucks – Central Division Preview
- Calgary Sun: Flames to chase Boston College star Kevin Hayes? He becomes a UFA on Saturday if still unsigned.
- PPP: Leafs’ Forwards Exiting the Zone — A Whole Lot of Trouble
Tomas Kaberle keeps eye on Toronto Maple Leafs while looking for one final chance in the NHL
Can we get this guy instead of Paul Romanuk?
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod 1m
For Leafs: 28 games on Sportsnet & Sportsnet Ontario; 24 games on HNIC; 4 games in CITY; 26 games on TSN4.
@mike_84 Probably the one that will cost you an extra $4 a month
@mike_84 TSN 3 ,4 and 5 to launch this fall
@Burtonboy Great 1st pass and smooth skater, but like our other D men, afraid to shoot
@Burtonboy I wish him the best, he was a great Leaf.
@ingy56 Torts is right . The guy is weird but he has a sense of humor at least.
@TheCanucksnaphook I still believe that will happen at some point, just not on Leafs TV.
@TheCanucksnaphook What's awesome about the Booth signing is that he's not Raymond!
@TheCanucksnaphook How 'bout No, Scott
@Mcost61 Second line right-winger? For nine games? Marlies centre? Back to Sweden?
@Mcost61 Booyah .
I don't know why but I'm thinking Sweden after nine games with the Leafs after having a good camp. He only got in 22 games in the elite league last year, so a lot will depend on how he stacks up against bigger, faster guys in camp.
@TheCanucksnaphook @ingy56 MLSE will be looking for new revenue streams as their investment maxes out. I think the teachers realized this and that's why they opted to sell out. My guess is it will be "premium" games such as against Montreal and other teams with superstars or rivalries. I have no doubt this will happen, their abilities to suck their fanbase dry knows no bounds.
@Burtonboy I think it was in interview of an AGM from here, but he basically said "we don't make the decision really, the player makes it for us".
@Burtonboy There's not exactly stiff competition for the second-line winger position. He may have more skill than any of the competitors, but, as it should, being defensively responsible and having a complete game will be considered.
Most teams who are trying to win don't like to play through rookie mistakes. So my guess would be starts the season with the Marlies or Sweden. If Marlies (my hope), he can get call-ups for injuries.