Some changes in information:
- Hits newsstands September 8th, available at all Indigo Chapters stores in Canada as well as wherever magazines are sold in the greater Toronto area, including Walmart, grocery stores, drug stores, newsstands, etc. Apparently the the only magazine outlet in the GTA it isnâ€™t available at is the Toronto airport.
- Should you wish to PREORDER, the SHIPPING FEE has been dropped from $11 to $5.00. Everyone who has already preordered will be credited the $6 difference.
- Pre-ordering not only guarantees you a copy but will get you one a week in advance as preorders are shipped August 25th with a 2-5 day waiting period for arrival.
- My apologies for the mistakes in my original information.
Debunking growing speculation that I’ve been kicking my feet up on the beaches of Cancun and ignoring all of you for the last month, myself alongside publishing company Maple Street Press are very pleased to introduce the inaugural Maple Leafs Annual. Before we get into the thick of it, I’d like to first of all thank MSP for offering me the opportunity to edit, and contribute to, this project. Although at times taxing, to see this Annual come together has been an extremely satisfying and mostly fun endeavour. I was put in the unique position of being able to unite the prominent and growing voices of the Leafs’ blog-o-sphere into a consolidated project, and for that I’m very thankful. The final product is one that I think all of Leafs Nation can be proud of.
Maple Street Press is an independent publishing company that works to produce high quality, authoritative, analytical, and insightful sports publications for the serious fan. More than your generic team guide, the Annual is the first of its kind to offer a variety of comprehensive viewpoints on the topics concerning the Leafs loyalist. We’ve assembled a cast of many of the webâ€™s most knowledgeable Leafs and hockey writers, each of whom offers a unique and insightful perspective with a finger firmly on the pulse of Leafs Nation all the while. Collectively, we offer 128 ad-free pages of relevant Leafs content; analysis, interviews, scouting expertise, in-depth statistics, key information, humour, colour photos and nostalgia included.
- 128 pages
- No ads
- Stunning coloured photos and layout
- $12.99 USD
- Trim Size: 8 x 10.1
- Available in Indigo Chapters stores throughout Canada September 8th.
- Also available wherever magazines are sold in the greater Toronto area, including Walmart, grocery stores, drug stores, newsstands, etc. The only place in the GTA it isnâ€™t going to be available is the Toronto airport.
- Preorder available here to guarantee copy, includes $5 USD shipping fee. Ships September August 25th, and will arrive in 2-5 days, guaranteeing you an advanced copy at least a week in advance.
PPP & Chemmy of Pension Plan Puppets, James Mirtle of From the Rink and The Globe and Mail, Down Goes Brown, Alec Brownscombe, Gus Katsaros, Garrett Bauman, Alex Tran, Nikhil Daljeet, Richard Steven-Williams of Maple Leafs Hot Stove (as well as the rest of the cast in a MLHS Writers piece), Dirk Hoag of On the Forecheck, Patrick King of Sportsnet, Joe Pelletier of Greatest Hockey Legends, Eyebleaf, Torontosportsmedia, Cox Bloc, Bitter Leaf and Junior of Heroes in Rehab.
- Individual player profiles for the entire Leafs roster, including expert scouting reports by Gus Katsaros and in-depth statistics and statistical graphics provided by Behind the Net.
- A Season in Review and Season Preview
- A Breakdown of the Northeast Division rivals for the ’09-10 season
- An overview of the off-season additions and subtractions
- Analysis of the eight place versus lottery pick debate
- Top Fantasy Leafs for the upcoming season
- 2009-10 Breakout Candidates
- A list of the Leafs’ Top 10 Prospects + Darkhorses as of Fall 2009
- An overview of the Leafs’ 2009 draft picks
- In-depth interview with head of amateur scouting Dave Morrison about the club’s 2009 draft choices as well as the scouting process
- A look back at the 2008-09 Marlies season that was
- An in-depth look at Burke’s model, and the precedent set by Peter Chiarelli’s Boston Bruins
- Analysis of Burke’s tenure so far
- Analysis of size and toughness as a key to success in recent history
- How new media is changing the perspective in Leafs Nation
- Underrated Truculent Leafs of the past with Down Goes Brown
- The story of the nearly dynastic Leafs of the 1930s
- Maintaining hope despite the ongoing Cup drought
- An exploration of the validity of the MSM’s “blame the fan” mentality
Trust me when I say that this is truly unlike anything else out there: 128 pages devoted solely to the Leafs and the diehard fan. Borrowing from the MSP website, here’s a breakdown of what makes these MSP annuals so delicious and different:
- Focus on one team exclusively as opposed to covering every team in the country like national previews
- Provide unmatched coverage of the teams they focus on with over 120 ad-free pages of coverage on a specific team while national preview magazines provide 3-5
- Feature articles from writers and analysts that care and know about the team/program more than anyone else
- Focus on the present, future, and past of each team with articles highlighting the upcoming season, future stars for the team, as well as historical essays on the great moments and players of the past
- Feature in-depth, thorough, analytical, and exhaustive coverage of the team aimed for an intense and loyal fan
- Quality makes it able to be kept easily on a bookshelf or archive without corners bending, smudging, etc.
- Printed in full color on high quality paper stock
- Printed ad-free to maximize the content for the fan
- Feature significant voices from online writers that are familiar to avid fans of the team
- A true companion to the season for a diehard, avid fan
- High production values make it pleasing to the eye as well as interesting reading