Some quick links and discussion points for a quiet Tuesday night. Plenty to talk about including the highlights of a Burke media scrum at the grand opening of the Mastercard Centre for Hockey Excellence (MCHE), the GM’s speak out on the Phil Kessel situation and the possibility of an offer sheet, rookie tournament video highlights and the latest developments in the ongoing Phoenix Coyotes ownership drama.
– Brian Burke Highlights via NHL Network:
- Still trying to upgrade the forward group; may deal a defenseman to address that need but prefers to have a minimum of 8 NHL calibre blueliners
- Has looked into dealing draft picks for a forward
- Considers Matt Stajan and Mikhail Grabovski as potential top six forwards
- Feels that Bozak, Hanson and Stalberg have all dominated the rookie tournament thus far, as they should
- Has been most impressed with Kadri thus far because of his age
- Has no issue at all with offer sheets, but is not considering one for Phil Kessel at this time
– If you’ve got some time to spare, then Leafs Lunch has some nice discussion from the GM’s regarding the whole Phil Kessel situation.
– The Globe and Mail has the lowdown on the newest Leaf/Marlie practice rink.
– Finally getting their act together, Leafs TV has a Game in Six highlight compilation of the Pittsburgh – Toronto game of the rookie tournament.
– In a poetic twist of fate, it appears that the fate of the Phoenix Coyotes will be fought over mano a mano directly between Balsillie and the NHL with TSN reporting that Ice Edge Holdings has pulled out of the bidding.