2016 NHL Draft Profiles: Taylor Raddysh
Taylor Raddysh – 6’2, 202-pound right winger from the Erie Otters (OHL)
Taylor Raddysh Rankings
- Ranked #30 in Aggregated Draft Rankings
- Ranked #28 by ISS Hockey
- Ranked #36 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
Taylor Raddysh’s Scouting Report provided by Brock Otten of OHL Prospects
Taylor Raddysh Strengths
- Taylor Raddysh is a really hard working complementary offensive player who has excelled doing the “dirty work” for a guy like Dylan Strome.
- He has great size at 6’2, 205 pounds and uses that to drive the net, win battles in the corners, and open up space for his linemates.
- Raddysh just has that knack for finding open space in the offensive zone, which points to him having terrific hockey sense. I particularly love his vision coming off the wall. He creates a lot of scoring chances by making great passes after gaining/maintaining possession along the boards (similar to a guy like Matthew Tkachuk).
Raddysh has a good grasp of his defensive responsibilities and uses his size well to help on the back check and to separate the opposition from the puck in the neutral zone and in his own end.
Taylor Raddysh Weaknesses
- If he can really improve his skating (particularly in the power department), he could be more of a driving force on a line.
- “If Raddysh could ever improve his skating, which I’d considered average, he would become that much more dynamic of a hockey player.”
– Mike Mackley
On top of adding an extra gear, Raddysh’s ability to carry the puck could use some work. He isn’t yet someone who can take advantage of his size by driving wide to the net because the puck skill and stickhandling ability at top speed still need refining.
His overall puck skill and skill set is not flashy, but he does whatever is needed on a scoring line. That’s why he’s a valuable player and could make for a valuable pro.
Taylor Raddysh Career Notes
- Drafted round 1, #19 overall by Erie Otters in the 2014 OHL Priority Selection Draft.
- Won the OHL Cup with the Toronto Marlboros in 2013-14.
- Led the OHL Cup with 14 points in 2013-14.
- Named to the CHL Top Prospects Game in 2015-16.
Experts Take on Taylor Raddysh
Russ Bitely, HockeyProspect.com, on The Pipeline Show:
He’s a good-sized kid. He skates fairly decent; he’s not explosive at all, but he’s got a fairly good stride. He works well down low. He’s got a stronger, thicker frame. He gets into the open areas.
Taylor Raddysh Statistics
|2013-14||Toronto Marlboros Minor Mdgt AAA||GTMMHL||31||25||27||52||28|||||Playoffs||14||3||4||7||10|
|Canada White U17||WHC-17||5||0||1||1||0||||