The Maple Leafs are walking out another mouthpiece for their organization today. Between Leiweke, Nonis, Poulin, Loiselle and now Brendan Shanahan, will there will be some difficulty “staying on message”?
Color us pessimistic, but it doesn’t seem like a move that will affect the on-ice product in the immediate future. The Maple Leafs need to make the same moves they did last year, but failed to do: Phaneuf needs a LD partner, along with a RD for the 2nd pairing. Bozak needs to be replaced with a proper 1C, Bolland needs replacing if he is asking for anything more than $3.5 and anything longer than 4-5 years.
This on top of replacing the Head Coach, and probably the entire coaching staff.
- Shanahan will have his hands full during Leafs’ off-season
- Leafs Nation awaits Shanahan introduction
- Vancouver Canucks’ Daniel Sedin taken off ice on stretcher after taking hit from behind
- A note on Dion Phaneuf’s “curious” second half…
- Maple Leafs face major off-season issues
- Detroit Red Wings, coach Mike Babcock overcome season of injuries to extend impressive playoff streak
- Maple Leafs final report card
- With Shanahan in place, assessing the ‘must keep’ Maple Leafs heading int next season