The Marlies will have a three-game set this Friday-Saturday-Sunday in need of at least two of six points to clinch a spot in the Calder Cup playoffs.
Marlies lost nine in a row in November, since then they've gone 32-15-7 to climb from last in West to eighth
— Kyle Cicerella (@KyleTheReporter) April 15, 2015
TORONTO: G. McKegg (J. Leivo, V. Loov), B. Froese (M. Frattin), B. Mikkelson (B. Leipsic, S. Percy), G. McKegg (J. Leivo, T. Brennan), M. Frattin
IOWA: B. Brassart (S. Veilleux, J. Chouinard), M. Hagel (J. Blum, Z. Mitchell)
- MATT FRATTIN collected a goal and an assist playing in his 100th AHL game
- GREG MCKEGG scored his 20th and 21st goals of the season, opening the scoring for the Marlies and surpassing his career high for goals in a season (previous was 19)
- BRENDAN MIKKELSON tied his career high for goals, scoring his eighth late in the second period
- BYRON FROESE scored the second goal for the Marlies, his 17th of the season. He now has 24 points in the past 23 games
- BRENDAN LEIPSIC collected an assist, pushing his point total in the past five games to 10 points.
- TJ BRENNAN collected an assist, he now has 11 points in his last seven games.
- Tonight’s game was the first penalty free game in the AHL in over three years.