The Marlies won their fourth straight this morning with a 4-2 win over the Binghamton Senators. Jerry D’Amigo scored his ninth goal in the last ten games while Kenny Ryan, Mike Duco and Josh Leivo rounded out the scoring.
[quote_box_center]MARLIES EXTEND WIN STREAK TO FOUR IN WIN OVER BINGHAMTON
The Toronto Marlies defeated the Binghamton Senators, AHL affiliate of the Ottawa Senators, by a score of 4-2 today at Ricoh Coliseum.
Kenny Ryan opened the scoring with his team shorthanded at 19:46 of the first period. The Marlies would take a 2-0 lead when Jerry D’Amigo notched his 15th goal of the season just 46 seconds into the middle frame. Matt Puempel cut Toronto’s lead to one less than a minute after D’Amigo’s goal. Mike Duco and Mark Stone traded goals before the end of the period, giving the Marlies a 3-2 lead heading into the final frame. Josh Leivo added an empty net tally late in regulation to secure a 4-2 victory for Toronto.
The Marlies return to the ice on Saturday afternoon, when they host the Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens, at 3 p.m.
Toronto Goal Scorers: Kenny Ryan, Jerry D’Amigo, Mike Duco (GWG), Josh Leivo
Binghamton Goal Scorers: Matt Puempel, Mark Stone
– Binghamton outshot Toronto 36-30
– Drew MacIntyre earned the victory while Andrew Hammond took the loss
– The Marlies went 1-for-6 on the powerplay and 5-for-6 on the penalty kill
– The Marlies have posted a record of 6-2-0-0 through the first eight games of their 10- game home stand
– Toronto and Norfolk have surrendered the fewest goals in the AHL this season (134)
– Drew MacIntyre ranks 1st in AHL wins (2) and saves (1097)
– Toronto ranks 8th in AHL attendance with an average of 6,127 fans per home game
– Jerry D’Amigo has tallied nine goals in his last ten games.
– Toronto ranks 8th in AHL powerplay percentage (19.9%) and 11th in AHL penalty kill percentage (83.5%)