- MLHS: GM Lou Lamoriello: “We have a plan to grow a little slower and not get teased by any immediate success here or there” (Audio+Transcript)
There’s no question [there is] the perception that the three of us [are] strong individuals. All I’d ask is, what’s wrong with that? I think the three of us have experienced what it takes to win. What’s wrong with that? The three of us have mutual respect for each other or we would not be here. What’s wrong with that?
- Achariya: Maple Leafs’ Top 25 Under 25: #16 Viktor Lööv (PPP)
Playing “his game” is to play as a defensive defenceman. Third in the Marlies blueline in points, penalty minutes, and shots on goal (and second in +/-), Lööv’s 2014-2015 season showed an excellent adaptation to North American hockey, exactly on pace with expectations for a developing Swedish D.
- Sean O’Shea: Ticket customer says she was misled buying Toronto Maple Leaf tickets (Global News)
Brittany Sprung was shopping for Leafs tickets online and thought she had entered the right ticket buying site. But multiple clicks and more than $500 USD later, she says she got scammed. That site — known as Online City Tickets — has the web address aircanada.centretoronto.com. That address is similar to theaircanadacentre.com — the registered address of the Air Canada Centre where the Maple Leafs play their home games.
- Staff: Stephane Robidas Skates, Leo Komarov court case yields $40,000 USD fine (MLHS)
This is an even later start in terms of skating — June vs. late August — and the combination of being 38 years old and not being able to train for the large majority of the offseason is a troubling situation. Unlike last Fall, though, Robidas has been cleared for contact and should be able to participate in camp fully.
- Luke Fox: Maple Leafs’ Shawn Matthias jumps out of planes (Sportsnet)
“When I got home, I talked to my dad and said, ‘This is where I want to go.’ It was that good of a meeting. Everything’s going in the right direction. I don’t see why anybody wouldn’t want to play here. It’s amazing what’s happening,” Matthias says.
- Ray Bradshaw: Maple Leafs hold training camp at Bedford BMO Centre in Halifax (Global News)
Fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs in Halifax haven’t had much to cheer about lately, but that’s about to change. The Leafs will open their training camp in Bedford at the BMO Centre next month and fans are buzzing with excitement.