- Alec Brownscombe: Guy Boucher reportedly contacted by Toronto Maple Leafs (MLHS)
Boucher’s answers below on the importance of development and where he sees the game today (and where it’s going) seem to align with a lot of what you hear out of the new management regime. Transcript below.
- MLHS: ISS May, 2015 NHL Draft Rankings
Latest ISS rankings released just the other day.
- Jon Steitzer: Maple Leafs Job Fair — Mike Futa’s Resume (TLN)
Futa is an interesting option, but may require compensation to the Kings. LA has guarded personnel like John Stevens in the past, and kept him from interviewing for head coaching positions, it’s possible they will be equally guarded about Futa, especially since given their cap situation they will require his scouting expertise to find affordable options to support the bloated contracts of Quick, Richards, and Brown.
- Josh Cooper: Tyler Johnson’s Game 3 buzzer beater puts Canadiens on the brink (Puck Daddy)
Through nine games this playoff, Tampa captain Steven Stamkos has scored just one goal. Johnson has eight, which has softened the blow of Stamkos’ lack of production. As for Montreal’s all-world goaltender Carey Price in this series? He has allowed 10 goals in three games and has an .853 save percentage.
- Josh Cooper: Braden Holtby stops penalty shot, stuffs Rangers in Caps’ Game 4 win (Puck Daddy)
The Rangers’ issues involved trying to get pucks through to Holtby. The Capitals blocked 25 shots on goal to New York’s seven. Caps defenseman Brooks Orpik led Washington with six shots on goal. Predictably, the advanced stats were in New York’s favor. But alas, the Rangers, who were built for the playoffs are one loss from being unexpectedly bounced.